I’ve been making this single-serving of a crazy flavorful, low-fat, high protein smoothie for myself and double it if Christian is home.
- 1/2 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (I sometimes skip this and just make it PB&B.)
- 1/2 cup non-fat, plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda, honey, maple syrup, or agave…whatever sweetener you like. (I actually stopped adding Splenda as an overripe banana is plenty sweet for us.)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (Any kind you like but we prefer all natural, i.e., the only ingredient listed is peanuts.)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana.
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until thick and smooth.
- Drizzle glass with 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup (optional) and enjoy!
If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, you can leave out the honey. Add more peanut butter for a stronger peanut butter taste. Add more milk to make the smoothie thinner, if desired. Add 1 cup of your favorite greens for added nutrition. So many ways to play around with this simple smoothie!