Thick & creamy mint chocolate milkshakes without all the calories and fat. Only 5 simple ingredients! Add chocolate protein powder and/or a handful of spinach if you like…so many ways to tweak it.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 large frozen very ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- 2 heaping Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender, in the order listed, and blend until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 3 minutes.
- The milk can be any milk you like: skim, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, coconut.
- The yogurt can be any yogurt you like: vanilla Greek yogurt, plain Greek yogurt, plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt. Non-fat or low fat. Same for milk, of course.
- Add more milk to thin it out. You can always add more peppermint extract and/or cocoa powder for a stronger minty and/or chocolate taste.